Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Newest Addition...

Last year, I shared the experiences that I had at the Devorah Quilting Kallah at Olin-Sang-Ruby Union Institute. Things have been a little crazy since I came home, so I've yet to post a full report but...

Yesterday, after a stressful day, I arrived home to find my ***new Bernina sewing machine***!!!! (Okay, I am really excited. Oh, and it's not really new, it's actually 17 years old, but it's new for me.)

First I had to get it out of the box and unwrap all the bubble wrap. Then, of course, I had to try it in order to leave feedback on eBay - so it had to be tonight. {{{Deep breath}}}

Seriously, the woman who owned this machine was amazing - she kept every single item and they're all there. The manual is not as enlightening as I'd like (and uses the word "whilst") and I had to figure out how to thread the thing...which I got right - thanks, Mrs. Procise, my 7th grade home-ec teacher - and then it wouldn't sew...I knew that something was wrong, something simple, but I couldn't figure it out....finally I got it - the bobbin winder - and I was off...

Wow...it's so quiet. It sews like a dream. Tomorrow I will figure out more - like how to change the feet and how to play with the cool stitches and maybe even actually sew something!?

AND it has retractable cords.

See how easily impressed I am!? :-)

Moving from my sweet, lovable Kenmore to this fancy-shmancy Bernina is going to take some adjustment...but I'll manage!!!!

In case you were wondering, her name is Batya and she'll have her Brit Bat next week on the 8th day....okay, just kidding:-)

4 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Oooh, crafting JOY!
Welcome, Batya - may you merit to bring her to handbags, quilts, and ma'asim tovim.
Mazal mazal!!!

Sara said...

Mazel Tov!

Are you a member of the Craftster forum yet? It seems like it would be right up your alley, and some of the projects/tutorials on the children's clothing board are truly adorable!

Heide said...

Mazel Tov on your new baby!!! :)

HipMomma said...

Well your 17 year old seems much much nicer than my 5 year old model. Have fun with it! Can't wait to see what you create.