Monday, October 18, 2010
A Wish List
Wishes for approximately 33 weeks....
1. A nice person to walk around with me (job qualification: ability to bend and lift) all the time and pick up things that are dropped or need picking up from the ground. Children will not suffice for this task because they, themselves, often are in need of picking up.
2. A nice person (probably different from the first one, job qualification: good memory) to walk around with me all the time and remember things for me. My name, my husband's name, my children's names, what day it is. Simple stuff, really.
3. Maternity clothes that I'm dying to wear.
4. For no one to notice that I've worn the same pair of shoes for about three weeks straight. Not really because my feet are swollen but because they're the best slip-on shoes I have. Tying shoes would require #1.
5. A nice person to walk around with me (in this case, nice is probably the optimal job qualification) to answer the questions. Yes, it's my 4th. Yes, I'm due in December. No, I don't think I'll "go early." No, we don't know if it's a boy or girl. Yes, we've chosen names. No, we're not going to tell you. (Except for my husband's favorite, I have to share that one. Oren Moshe Gershon. So that child would have the initials OMG.) Any questions I've missed? Please refer all questions to the nice person who is walking around with me.
6. A daily afternoon nap.
7. Stock in the company that makes Tums. It will be good for this child's college fund, I think.
8. For Dairy Queen to have a delivery service. At 11pm.
9. A massage. Hey, wait, that one might be possible. I'll get back to ya.
10. Someone to arrange said massage.
11. To find a way to stop being tired and busy long enough to savor every last moment of the end of this pregnancy....because I really want to.