Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Books Read in 2015

I love to look back over the book post from each year. It's so weird to imagine my own life through the books I've read. Some of these, I can tell you exactly where I was and what I was doing while reading the books. Some of these, I only remember because the title is here on the list!

Stars next to the ones I would recommend....
  1. Sinners and the Sea by Rebecca Kanner
  2. Jacob's Oath by Martin Fletcher
  3. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty*
  4. First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen*
  5. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
  6. The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laure Halse Anderson
  7. The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters
  8. The Boston Girl by Anita Diamant
  9. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins*
  10. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
  11. The Good Girl by Mary Kubica*
  12. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah*
  13. The Comfort of Lies by Randy Susan Meyers
  14. Accidents of Marriage by Randy Susan Meyers
  15. After You by Jojo Moyes
  16. Rain Reign by Ann M. Martin*
  17. A Guide for the Perplexed by Dara Horn
  18. My Heart is Laughing by Rose Lagercrantz
  19. Dead Wake by Erik Larson
  20. Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
  21. Yes Please by Amy Poehler
  22. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
  23. Kindness Wins by Galit Breen
  24. Safekeeping by Jessamyn Hope
  25. The Betrayers by David Bezozgis
  26. Even in Darkness by Barbara Stark-Nemon
  27. Gangsterland by Tod Goldberg
  28. The Day of Atonement by David Liss*
  29. Secrets of a Charmed Life by Susan Meissner
  30. The Angel of Losses by Stephanie Feldman
  31. What I Remember Most by Cathy Lamb
  32. The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes
  33. The Broken Hearts Society of Suite 17C by LeighAnn Kopans*
  34. The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen*
  35. Uprooted by Naomi Novik
  36. In the Unlikely Event by Judy Blume
  37. Paper Towns by John Green
  38. The English Spy by Daniel Silva
  39. Nexus by Ramez Naam
  40. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
  41. A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler*
  42. Starglass by Phoebe North
  43. Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers
  44. Between You and Me: Confessions of a Comma Queen by Mary Norris
  45. Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates*
  46. The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
  47. Who Do You Love by Jennifer Weiner
  48. Pretty Baby by Mary Kubica*
  49. Uncaged by John Sandford
  50. Outrage by John Sandford 
  51. George by Alex Gino
  52. We Are Not Ourselves by Matthew Thomas
  53. Wishful Thinking by Kamy Wicoff
  54. Did You Ever Have a Family by Bill Clegg
  55. The Museum of Extraordinary Things by Alice Hoffman
  56. The Secret Chord by Geraldine Brooks*
  57. The Desert and the Blade by S. M. Stirling
  58. Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff*
  59. The Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
  60. The Flood Girls by Richard Fifield
  61. The Status of All Things by Liz Fenton and Lisa Steinke
And thanks to Goodreads, I know this:


What was the best book you read in 2015? (I hate to answer that question, by the way. See above - the starred ones are those that I would recommend most broadly. I think that it often really depends on the person to whom I'm doing the recommending!)
What's not on my list that you think I must read? 
What are you planning to read in 2016???

1 comment:

JewishHolidaysInABox.com said...

Perfect timing! Last year, I started January by reading several of your starred selections. And I need a new book right now. Thanks for sharing :)