Monday, February 28, 2022

February 2022 Books #myLifeInBooks

 

The School for Good Mothers by Jessamine Chan - this book was so disturbing and also so powerful. What defines a "good mother" and is it something you can quanitfy? Oh my. Read this? Don't read it? I'm not sure what to even say about recommending this. It is really good. And very disturbing. 

Playing the Palace by Paul Rudnick - oh I wanted this book to be great. It was just a pale version of Red, White and Royal Blue. It had all the right elements of a good romance...just...a little flat.

Dead Wednesday by Jerry Spinelli - I read this one because Solomon is reading it. I didn't realize it was really about dead kids (oy) but it ended up being an interesting story. I'm not sure how I feel about what actually happens in this town, where every 8th grader is assigned the name and story of a teen who died...and then these deaths are used to help them "make better choices"?! I found this all a little troubling. I finished it so I could talk about it with Solly (waiting for him to finish now) and hopefully I'll have better insight after an actual middle schooler tells me what they think of it.

What did you read in February?

January books

No comments: