Saturday, August 31, 2024

August 2024 Books


Um...so this month I watched a lot of the Olympics. And a lot of the DNC. And apparently, I didn't read a lot! 

But all of these books were REALLY good so there's that!

The Briar Club by Kate Quinn - This was a great combo of two of my favorite kinds of books: about a "found family" and historical fiction. I really liked the look at McCarthy-era Washington, D.C. This book was a little long, but it was really wonderful and totally worth it!

True Love Experimen tby Christina Lauren - I really enjoyed this one! I'm now on a hunt for the rest of Christina Lauren's books. A reality show, a smart and snarky author, a hot British guy...great romance novel!

Becoming Madam Secretary by Stephanie Dray - I really loved this bio of Frances Perkins, FDR's Secretary of Labor who transformed our country by inventing Social Security (amongst many other accomplishments). She is my new favorite historical woman! Wow. Loved this insight into all of it...a period of history that I know a lot about but don't have a lot of details about what it was really like. Loved it!

July Books
June Books
May Books
April Books
March Books
February Books
January Books

No comments: