Saturday, April 28, 2007

Do you read Blogs?

What a dumb question, if you're reading this one you are reading a blog! But I mean, do you read lots of blogs, do you have any familiarity with the blogosphere? You may have come to my blog from an email I sent you or in some other way without getting to me via the blog-world...so it's a valid question.

Why do I love reading blogs? (a list. I'm into them lately.)
1. I feel a little bit of guilty pleasure in peeking into other people's lives.
2. I love to see what other ideas are out there.
3. I enjoy finding connections and clicking on links to read more.
4. I am jealous of those who have the wonderful capacity to write and record their lives.
5. It's fun!

What kinds of blogs do I read? (another list.)
1. Food blogs. Love them. Must have pictures and/or recipes.
2. Mom blogs. (also parenting blogs) So cool to read other moms' perspectives on the world.
3. Shopping blogs. Don't know why but I get a kick out of these.
4. Israel blogs. (although I read way more of these while the war with Lebanon was going on.)
5. Rabbi blogs. (but most rabbis are terrible bloggers so there's not so much to read.)
6. Book/Reading blogs.
7. Miscellaneous blogs that people link to.

(I don't usually read political blogs or business blogs or celebrity blogs or animal blogs or sports blogs or travel blogs or...well, you know there are millions of kinds. Look at The Blogger Choice Awards for a list of great blogs by category.

Five of my Favorite Blogs (ah, yet another list)

1. Vegan Lunch Box. This is actually the blog that got me hooked on blogs. It was a little more interesting all last year when she blogged EVERY day the lunch that she made for her son. Wow. And it was always a creative interesting lunch. Plus she did it every day! Now it's about once a week, but still worth reading.
2. This Normal Life. A great Israel blog. There are others I used to read during the Lebanon War but many of them are not as regular about blogging any more. There are still great ones out there but I like this one because he's really pretty regular about posting. I consider that to be an important criteria for a "good blog."
3. Crunchy Domestic Goddess. Although I dont't know this woman at all, I grew attached to her blog while we were both pregnant at the same time, and I somewhat eagerly waited for her baby to come...and then I stuck around reading the story of her homebirth and her life with two kids. A little peek into a total stranger's life that I find interesting!
4. Mighty Goods, a shopping blog. although I don't usually buy things (actually, have never bought!) that are listed here, I find it interesting to see "what's out there."
5. Vegan Eats and Treats. Yes, I know I'm not a vegan, but they make great blogs. And the food always looks so good!

(I'm still working on a blogroll. Only so much time in each day. Then there will be more. I read more than five blogs.)

Hope you find fun in the blogosphere!

1 comment:

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

thanks for the mention! i'm honored that you've "stuck around." :)