Wednesday, April 2, 2014

#blogexodus 2: Tell


We tell our stories. 
That's what we do. 
It's who we are. 
It's why we exist. 
It's as near as breathing. 
People ask how we can share our lives. 
I say....how could we not. 
We tell our stories. 
It was Elie Wiesel who said:
God created humans because God loves stories. 

Want to join in? We're sharing #BlogExodus for the next 2 weeks. All you have to do is use the hashtag and there are suggested prompts on the graphic above (feel free to grab it). Maybe you just want to post on your Facebook or Twitter about these topics...or maybe you want to try #Exodusgram, posting photos related to these themes? I'll be posting my #blogExodus posts here, at this blog, my #Exodusgram pictures on my tumblr site, imabima.tumblr.com, and who knows what else!? It's going to be a busy fortnight!

2 comments:

rbarenblat said...

When I gave a poetry reading in Jerusalem last week, a woman who was there came up to me and said (in response to my poems about postpartum depression) that I am brave and that she can't imagine putting herself "out there" the way I do. I thanked her, though on some level I was thinking: brave? This isn't brave; it's just what I do.

But when I look at you and your family, and your willingness to put yourselves "out there," to share your story, to share the ups and downs and hopes and griefs of rabbinate and parenting and the unthinkable loss of Sammy, I understand what that woman meant. You inspire me and amaze me, just by your willingness to live your real life in plain view. You teach me so much about how to be a rabbi and how to be a mom and how to be a human being.

Tzivia in AliyahLand said...

Thinking of you & your family and enjoying these beautiful meditations.
This post has been included in Haveil Havalim: a weekly roundup of what’s best from the Jewish / Israeli blog world.
http://blog.aliyahland.com/2014/04/haveil-havalim-jewishisrael-blog.html