Thursday, March 31, 2022

March 2022 Books #MyLifeInBooks

 

The Every by Dave Eggers - I couldn't put this down and I absolutely hated it. It's basically the story of our lives with computers and phones and the internet and it was terrifying.

Starfish by Lisa Fipps - a really wonderful middle grade novel-in-verse about a girl who is bullied for being overweight. A must-read.

The Tunnel by A.B. Yehoshua - I didn't love this book but I really liked the main character, and after a wonderful discussion with my book group, I really ended up liking it so much more. The portrayal of aging and dementia were really meaningful and powerful. 

The Good Son by Jacquelyn Mitchard - I felt like this one was a little too long and meandering. Also, I'm not sure that it really worked for me. That said, I grew to care about many of the characters...

Detransition Baby by Torrey Peters - Wow. This was on a lot of "best" lists from 2021 and I see why. A stunning portrayal of cis- and trans-women and the many elements of their lives. 

Neanderthal Seeks Human by Penny Reid - I needed something fluffy but this didn't really cut it for me. I was totally disappointed by the characters and the love story didn't feel believeable. 

A Sunlit Weapon by Jacqueline Winspear - The newest Maisie Dobbs novel was awesome. I love these books and I can't wait for the next one. Much like Gabriel Allon, I'm so happy when I can visit these characters each year, like old and well-loved friends.


No comments: