Saturday, April 30, 2022

April 2022 Books #MyLifeInBooks

 

Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert - a sweet and charming romance novel about a young woman with a chronic illness who is trying to explore the world, and along the way, falls in love! I really enjoyed this one. (A little on the spicy side, just FYI)

Oh, William! by Elizabeth Strout - a beautifully written book - a character study much more than a plot-driven story. It wasn't my favorite book but I know it was a "good book."

They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera - the premise of this YA novel is that Death-Cast can call you any night between 12-3am and let you know that you're going to die that day. Two unrelated characters get the call and their lives begin to intertwine. While the title is true and therefore you'd think it was going to be depressing, it's really uplifting and lovely. 

Lawn Boy by Jonathan Evison - You wouldn't think that a story about a landscaper who finds meaning and love in his life would be interesting and good, but it definitely was! A little sad, a little sweet, and felt full of truth. 

Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir - my husband finished this book and insisted that I put down anything else and read this next. It was great! A little too many scientific details (I glossed over those) and I'm not sure I needed the potential alien-life-form-destroying-the-world worry, but a really compelling and engaging story about interstellar travel and friendship. 

The Diamond Eye by Kate Quinn - Great historical fiction about a Russian female sniper who befriends Eleanor Roosevelt! It is based on a true story - and it was a great read.

1 comment:

Delia HK said...

I also read Oh William! I LOVED it!! and all her books.
I too am a fan of all the Masie Dobbs books. I read them as soon as they come.
Have you read French Braid by Anne Tyler? Couldn't put it down!