Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bloggy Buttons on PhotoBucket

I'm so excited that I'm blogging at the URJ Biennial blog. I even made myself a little button:

Visit me at the biennial blog!

(and it's camped itself out in my sidebar over there <---- too!)

I have finally figured out the button thing thanks to PhotoBucket.

(I know, you're thinking, do I need another image site? I already use flickr....)

You make your cute little graphic. I use Gimp but you could use PhotoShop or a paint program or whtatever. Gimp happens to be free.

Then you upload to PhotoBucket and it gives you lots of choices for your graphic -- including the code for embedding. I just change the code so that the link is to my own site (or wherever I want it to go) and the "alt" is for something more to my liking, so that when you run your mouse over the graphic, you get whatever words I want you to see! (Run your mouse over my button to see...)

Maybe lots of people already knew this but I didn't! I love it when people give me code to do their buttons instead of having to right-click and save their graphic...so I finally figured out how to do it! Hooray!

Now I'm off to San Diego and I'll be posting hopefully lots of fun stuff from there...and hope that the ice storm doesn't affect my flights!

See more Works for Me Wednesday at Rocks in My Dryer.

See all my other Works for me Wednesday posts here...some are darn good, if I must say so myself! Like this one. Or this one. I like this one too.

7 comments:

Activities Coordinator said...

At the risk of sounding like my (almost) fourteen year old son, you ROCK, Phyllis! I can wait to try this.

Mandy said...

I've never heard of Gimp before! This is great!!

Kara said...

I was wondering how you do that...Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Cool! Cool! Cool!
And congratulations for being selected!

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

I have heard quite a few nice things about Gimp. I have Photoshop CS2 Suite, so I haven't tried Gimp, but on one group that I am a member of, people have been very complimentary of it.

Memarie Lane said...

Thats great, I've been meaning to try Gimp. Lazy lazy me.

Jendeis said...

Thanks so much for this lesson, I've always wanted to learn how to make buttons!