This week's Works for Me Wednesday is themed...what do you do when it's time for dinner but nothing's been made and everyone's cranky?
Here we go...
1. Open beer or wine, pour into glass. (In a true pinch, drink either from the bottle.) This is, of course, for the mommy, not the kids.
2. Consult Magical Meal in a Minute List, posted in the kitchen.
(click that link to download your very own copy or click on the pic below to see it larger and print it out...)
3. Consult freezer/pantry and determine which one will work. One has to work. Pray for one to work.
4. Create meal in five minutes. Try to make it look pretty on the plates.
5. Serve to the family. Explain to 6-year-old that it doesn't matter what he thinks he wants to eat, this is for dinner.
6. If all else fails...order pizza!
(For those of you who were hoping I'd put together a Chanukah edition of last-minute latkes...I actually ordered my latkes from a local grocery store this year. Theirs are superb and my house does not have that yucky oil smell...delish!)
Happy Chanukah, y'all!
See more Works for Me Wednesday here at Rocks In My Dryer.