Friday, January 25, 2008

More on things that make me crazy...

Some of you read my post on this woman who was denied service at Steak N Shake because she is deaf.

Fox News Chicago picked up the story and so did a lot of other bloggers.

This is what she writes on her blog:
Last night, shortly after calling the corporate headquarters via relay, an employee from their Human Resources division called me. She sent me an email apologizing for the incident. She called again this morning to see if we could set up a meeting with the manager in question and discuss the issue. They agreed to provide an interpreter for this meeting.

What do you think? Will you go to Steak and Shake? I think I won't.

4 comments:

bella said...

oh this makes me sad.
i had not heard of this.
and they matter.
i'll be choosing to go elsewhere.

Harry said...

i actually used to like steak n shake...not so much for the food as for the fact that its always open. sometimes in high school pat and I would drive to kenosha for steak n shake.

now i'm pretty sure i'll never set foot in one again. despicable is all i can say.

Karen Putz said...

Thanks for your support!

Anonymous said...

I blogged about it too in my weekly gratitude post. My gratitude went to Karen Putz for having the courage to stand up and be counted in the face of withering criticism and pressure. Her story both inspired and pressed some deeply hidden buttons that I didn’t know existed!

Thanks for helping a fellow blogger spread the news - she’s my buddy too!