My personal list is somewhat similar -- a mishmosh of difficult and simple things that I hope will change my life, make it different, make it more interesting, more beautiful. Here are 13 of my 51 in 1001...
1. Go to gym once a week. One week each month, go 2x a week. (this is actually 2 separate ones)
2. Keep track of all the books I read.
3. Make sure I'm in more of the pictures.
4. Attempt one month each year of the 365 Photos Challenge.
5. Execute one crafty project every three months.
6. Buy bottled water no more than 1x a month (use water bottle).
7. Use travel mug at least twice for every 6 visits to coffee place.
8. One month each year, no Starbucks at all.
9. Start a vegetable garden.
10. Attempt to have a neighborhood block party.
11. Do the Printz Award Challenge (read six of the Printz Award winners)
12. Make soup once a month.
13. Use slow cooker 3x each winter.
What are some of your goals? I think this challenge is so powerful because of the length of it. I am keeping the list posted in my kitchen, inside a cupboard, divided by daily, weekly, monthly, yearly tasks.
Stay tuned for updates on my 101 in 1001 progress...
See more Thursday Thirteen here.