1. Attend a ceremony. We will be at the flagpole at Am Shalom, 840 Vernon Avenue, in Glencoe, at 7:45am.
2. Give blood.
3. Donate money to a political campaign. Any campaign. Being able to participate freely in the democratic process is a victory!
4. Call or connect with an old friend.
5. Tell your children where you were when it happened.
6. Send a card or care package to soldiers overseas.
7. Visit a veterans' home or hospital.
8. Bring flowers, cookies, or just a note to your local police or fire department.
9. Read the biographies of some of the victims of the attacks. Share them with your family or friends.
10. Fly a flag.
11. Read the Bill of Rights. Remember how important it is to us.
12. Wear red, white and blue.
13. Smile at a stranger. Try to remember what it felt like on September 12th and 13th...we all felt connected, bonded. Everyone was a little kinder, a little gentler.
What are you doing today to remember?
See more Thursday Thirteen here.