Monday, November 2, 2009

Cute and Sugared Up!

This week's Haveil Havalim is up over there.

I have definitely made my feelings about Halloween clear.

But I know that my kids really want to be a part of what's going on in the world around them. And, as I repeat yearly, if I just don't make a big deal of it, it will eventually go away. (Thank heavens.)

The only thing I like about Halloween is being able to take cute pictures of my kids in costumes!

So here are my little ghosties and goblins. Okay, actually, a dragon, a Dora the Explorer (but wearing a big fluffy white coat, I kept trying to convince her to be a polar bear - it was cold), and a ninja. We went to a friend's party and the kids collected just a little candy. They had more fun eating ...pizza, cupcakes and, of course, chocolate!


(The ninja was busy running around with the big kids and didn't want to stop for too many pictures!)


This one is my favorite...she was so excited to eat the candy. I love this face that I captured:



Go see all the other great shots over at Tracey's Best Shot Monday.

Day 2 of NaBloPoMo and I haven't missed a day! Yay!

7 comments:

Robin said...

So cute, and I love the polar bear fairy idea ;).

Rose said...

They are so cute! I love the bear-coat and the Ninja is great.

Although not Jewish, I work at a synagogue (which I think I've mentioned) and Harrison goes to a Jewish preschool, which I am in many, many ways blessed and thankful for; but the current reason I'm thankful for it is that I don't really get into Halloween very much either and since it's not celebrated in school some of the pressure is off! Woo-Hoo! (ugh, a horrible sentence structure - sorry.)

Anyway, we are very low-key here too and it works well for us - so well that he wore the same costume as last year and spent two hours in a jumper - like last year.

Now, when it comes to Purim and dressing up - well that's a different story...

Puna said...

Great costumes! I hope they have calmed down by now!

Puna said...

Great costumes! I hope they have calmed down by now!

Megan said...

wow -- she sure looks excited about that candy bar ;). looks like a fun evening!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun!

Never That Easy said...

I love the polar bear idea! We had a Dora here too... it looks like y'all had a good time.