Thursday, January 14, 2010

How to Raise a Reader, Revisited

I've talked before about how much my kids love to read.

My oldest is definitely a reader.

He
loves
to read.
All the time.

He does not love to write.
So we've embarked upon a new venture...like mother like son....
a blog.

(It helps that Zeyde offered to pay him 50 cents a post. The kid is making more money blogging than I am!)

If you're interested in being one of David's readers, feel free to drop me a line. He recently complained to me that he doesn't get very many comments. I must admit that I said "join the club, kiddo!"

I'm pretty excited to have another blogger in the house.

9 comments:

Kim Moldofsky said...

Good luck. Sounds fun!

Robin said...

How cool :). Itai has finally become a reader as well, but more in Hebrew than in English. I'm constantly looking for ways to encourage him to read and write in English, I bet he'd enjoy reading David's blog. Send me the link. (Heck, maybe it will even encourage him to start his own.)

JanetheWriter said...

I'm happy to read and comment on your son's blog. I'm sure it will be interesting...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Cousin Ellen H. said...

I'd be happy to read David's blog and leave him a comment or two from time to time.

Leora said...

Yes, I'll read! And maybe I can give get a teenage boy or two to leave a comment. Maybe. Will he write about World of Warcraft?

valerious said...

Sign me up! I love that he is doing this. I will get Max and Carly to leave comments. Very cool!

Gutenberg Book Reviews said...

Sounds interesting. I will pop over every now and again.

Jew Wishes said...

Hopefully the blog will wet his writing appetite.

Melissa said...

Good for him.