Friday, June 25, 2010

Dispatches from Oconomowoc

Today we received 3 letters from David at camp. Yep, three.
(The third was relatively incomprehensible, I think it might be a continuation of an-as-yet-unreceived letter!)

The first is the required "ticket into dinner letter" that the kids have to write on the first day.
I laughed a little as I read it because I didn't sign him up for (expensive) horseback riding. Guess he missed that memo! A friend pointed out that he forgot to sign it (there's no line, probably why he missed it!), but luckily, I'm quite sure of its authorship.


Here's the second letter:


So...do you think he really misses me? (Note, it's addressed only to MOM) Or do you think that he's trying to make me feel better? Maybe a little of both.

One week down, one to go. I do miss my boy. I feel better going into Shabbat with this sign of life.

Shabbat Shalom!

2 comments:

Robin said...

What sweet letters. I bet by now he's all settled in and having too much fun to focus on missing you.

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

Minnesota Mamaleh said...

love seeing the kid writing! and *of course* he misses YOU!!!