Monday, September 24, 2007

Angel Touch - my Best Shot Monday



I was having so much fun outside snapping shots as the sun was peeking through the trees. I love the way the rays of light shine down on my little boy, bathing him with angel blessings. And he is blissfully unaware, yet his world is so good and safe (except when Daddy leaves the room...but that's another post!)...


There are some who think that Jews don't believe in angels. We do! The Hebrew word for angel is mal'ach, meaning "messenger." Angels serve as the messengers for God. Angels give God both distance and closeness...for example, God could not really go and wrestle with Jacob so an angel takes God's place. But this angel, God's messenger, brings the Godly spirit closer to Jacob. Both close and far at the same time. Read here for more on Jewish angelology.


(and scroll down or click here to see my post about putting up our Sukkah...lots of pictures there too but the light was not good enough for any to be my "best shot" this week...)

19 comments:

Brittany said...

I love when the sun shines in that way! I always think of God's love shining down when the rays look as such. great shot!!

kim said...

I'm with Brittany, there's just something about the sunbeam- like a ray of light straight from God. Beautiful image!

bella said...

Beautiful photo.

And I love that idea, of angels being God's distance and closeness.

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

beautiful! love the light here. :)

amy

Never That Easy said...

Isn't it wonderful when the sun shines so perfectly? This is a very good shot.

Melody A. said...

That is a very angelic moment. And I am all about angels lately. Beautiful.

Christina said...

that light is amazing! You couldn't have captured that more perfectly. I like your thoughts on the angels blessing and protecting him while he's oblivious to it...isn't it the same way for us, God is always blessing and protecting us even when we don't recognize it?

Anonymous said...

We always say that they are "God's rays," too!
Beautiful.

Dawn said...

Just beautiful!!

Maggie said...

What a gorgeous shot!

Anonymous said...

"Angel Touch" what a fitting title. This photo gives me such a feeling of calm contentment...safety. His being completely unaware of angels watching over him. Beautiful capture.

The Egel Nest said...

Love the photo!

I also love the way you bring us Judaism's principals and explanations in easy and meaningful ways...a blog sermon if you will :)

Bradley
The Egel Nest

a said...

A wonderfully enjoyable picture and post! I always think the same thing when I see such obvious rays of light....I suppose that's why God uses them! :)

Sara said...

Beautiful Picture.

Maya said...

Beautiful shot. I keep learning so much here! Thank you for sharing with us.

Cari said...

That is a beautiful shot. Definitely the light of God looking down on him.

chaoticfamily said...

Wow - this is gorgeous - I love the light shining down upon him.

Thanks for stopping by!

Erinne

Anonymous said...

A beautiful moment there that you managed to capture! He looks like a little cherub himself!

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not: it is what it is!