Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Walking in Right Paths



We bought my daughter, Yael, her first pair of shoes yesterday.

New shoes are an exciting thing. The *first* pair of shoes is even moreso.

(And the pink-mary-jane-ness of them doesn't hurt either!)

She will walk many steps in her lifetime.

Will she walk towards goodness? Will she run to help others? Will her feet carry her forward into a life filled with passion?

I do hope so.

May she walk in right paths.

And may her shoes always sparkle.

What's your Torah this week?
TuesdayTorah

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't believe bronzing was still available when I bronzed my 7yo's first pair of shoes. May your little one always walk back home.

mandaroo63 said...

Adorable shoes, and I like the thoughts that go along with it. I'm sure she will sparkle in them!

Reiza said...

Shoes. You managed to work shoes into your personal torah? I'm so impressed. :-) You may be my new hero.

As promised (in another forum), mine's up. (wink)

Marcia Bodenstein said...

Just stumbled upon this blog - I like it. I'll be back.

SAHMmy Says said...

As usual, you've reminded me to move through parenting with thoughtfulness and purpose. I'll never look at my little ones' shoes the same way again!

Rebecca Einstein Schorr said...

Love this week's TT!!

I found Tuesday Torah in the drop-off line :)

http://rivster.wordpress.com/2008/04/08/if-only-there-was-a-white-zone/

May her path be filled with life and light!

Scribbit said...

Ah the symbolism of shoes--maybe that's why I loved the topic idea. Can't beat a good metaphor!

Miriam Pauline said...

What a sweet post! Loved it!

Unknown said...

CUTE SHOES. You better go and buy some more in different colors. Matching clothes to green and pink shoes has it's challenges, but, oh, the finished product is TOO darling.

Daisy said...

Sweet shoes. My mother kept my first pair, unbronzed, and gave them to me in a shadow box along with one of my baby dresses one year for Christmas. The shoes make the box extra special.