Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Yummy and Healthy Pancakes

In the spirit of using up everything in the house before Pesach (Passover) comes, here's my newest favorite healthy pancake recipe...

Using Hogdsen Mills Whole Wheat mix, I follow the directions for "apple pancakes" and add a cup of applesauce (or whatever mushed up fruit I can find, I used up some leftover babyfood bananas and prunes once too!), instead of regular oil, I use flaxseed oil, and I add some cocoa powder and cinnamon for a kick. Plus, of course, a few chocolate chips in each pancake. That way the kids think they're getting a treat and I know they're getting a really healthy breakfast! Plus, they keep really well in the fridge or freezer...and of course they taste great.

Even better with some fake sausage on the side.

Yum!

That's what works for me today.
Come back tomorrow for some great last-minute Passover tips!

3 comments:

Owlhaven said...

Sounds yummy!!

Mary, mom to many

Ilanna said...

yer makin' the pregnant lady hungry... :)

So Rabbi question for you :) A bris is 8 days after the birth, is there a set time specifically for naming a female child? :) (trying to plan ahead...)

Julie @ Creating This Life said...

That sounds great! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for the tip.