Part of preparing for Pesach (Passover) in our house is to pull out all the Passover music/cds. (Actually, now that I have an iPod, I made a Passover Playlist in my iTunes...but that's another post, I think.)
In no particular order, some of our favorite Pesach songs/albums:
1. Paul Zim's Seder Night, which has some great traditional songs rendered in a listenable format. I really like this one! (This is the one we listen to the most and it's helpful for teaching the Four Questions)
2. Celebrate Passover, put together by Craig Taubman, a little eclectic but worth a listen.
3. Reggae Passover do I need to say more?
4. A Taste of Passover with Theodore Bikel (who my parents dragged me to hear when I was in high school and I wish that I had appreciated it then...)
5. The So-Called Seder: A Hip Hop Haggadah with Matisyahu and others
6. The Passover Lounge, also put together by Craig Taubman
7. ShirLaLa Pesach! by Shira Levine
8. Miracles: Chanukah and Passover Songs for Kids by Jill Moskowitz (this is where the iPod comes in handy! Half the album is in the Passover Playlist and half is in the Chanukah Playlist. Perfect.)
9. Let my People Go! A Jewish and African-American Celebration of Freedom by Kim & Reggie Harris
10. Peri Smilow and the Freedom Music Project - she is great!
11. The Journey Continues, by Debbie Friedman (the First Lady of Jewish Music)
12. Rabbi Joe Black's Alef-Bet Boogie has 2 great Passover songs: Afikomen Mambo and a nice version of Dayenu.
13. And don't I wish some of these Chanukah cd's had Passover versions?????
What Passover music do you like? How do you get your family in the Pesach mood?
P.S. Looking for How to Lead a Seder? Check out my guide on Amazon.
And here are some of my favorite Pesach cookbooks...
More coming...it's that time of year!
More Thursday Thirteeners here...