Tuesday, October 2, 2007

5 Great Cookbooks - Go Veg!

Here are 5 of my favorite Vegetarian cookbooks, in honor of World Vegetarian Day (yesterday) and Vegetarian Awareness Month (October):

The Vegetarian Family Cookbook by Nava Atlas (who has a whole host of great cookbooks, including Vegetarian Celebrations which is great for holidays with meat-eaters at the table as well) Favorite recipes: too many....Creamy Tofu and Broccoli Skillet, Baked Risotto, Seitan "Meat and Potatoes" Stew (which I once served to a family of serious meat-eaters and they loved it)

Moosewood Cookbook, by Mollie Katzen...a very old standby, I have the 20th anniversary edition and let me tell you, it rocks. Favorite Recipe: Stuffed Eggplant, made Mediterranean Style. Yummmm!!! (I also love Enchanted Broccoli Forest.)

Claire's Corner Copia Cookbook by Claire Criscuolo. The Deep Dish Gourmet Pizza is awesome and so is the Mushrooms Stroganoff.

Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker by Robin Robertson. Who says slow cookers are only for tough cuts of meat? Try the Moroccan Style Lentil and Chickpea Soup. Mmm....

Vegan Cupcakes Take over the World by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero. Maybe I just like the title. Maybe I just like the photos. Nope, I actually like the cupcakes too! The "basic" cupcake is great, but I did make the peanut butter ones once to no success -- no one but me liked them. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

I'm sure there are others, but these are the most dog-eared in my kitchen:-)


What are your favorite cookbooks?

1 comment:

Robin said...

The Moosewood cookbook is a staple around here - so many of our favorites come from both that and the Broccoli Book, as it's known around here.