Thursday, February 28, 2008

Making Memories...

Here are some memories of my trip to Israel...scroll back through my posts to read more about the trip.

My mom, brother & I...

Getting a text message welcoming me to Jordan...hmm...I didn't go to Jordan! We traveled along the Jordanian border and my crackberry picked up the signal. Funny!
Our leisurely hike through the Ein Gedi Nature Preserve
(where not-yet-King David hid from then-King Saul)

Watching other people take pictures. I think that was one of the highlights of my trip, watching how everyone else was trying to preserve their memories...I know how hard it was to process all the information and sites, I hope all the pictures help everyone to do it once they're back at home. I think I might do a photo collage of all the pictures of people taking pictures!

Shopping in the Mahane Yehuda open-air market on Friday afternoon. Yum!
Praying together at the Kotel, the Western Wall.


Visiting the Golan Heights and looking out at the land of Israel arrayed below. We read this poem "are you laughing or crying?" that really told the story of life below the Heights before and after Israel took over... before, there was shelling and danger. Now it is safer. Geography matters. (I have been watching all the fancy stuff with textures and decided to try this little fancy maneuver out myself...what do you think? It's the poem overlaid onto the view...)
Theme Thursday over at Stacy's place is Memory. Check it out!

13 comments:

Head Gaggler said...

Wow, those are all amazing shots and the text message is too funny. Sounds like you are having a wonderful visit. Something I would love to do myself one day is visit Israel.

Maya said...

AWESOME shots!!! And what great memories!

Megan said...

i like the textured poem in your last shot! i'm sure you are still trying to sort through all the many pictures you took!

Rose said...

I love all your photos! Especially the Western Wall, Market Place and the poem over-lay on the landscape. What an awesome trip!

The Egel Nest said...

Oh....Ein Gedi...

I LOVED that place...such an amazing little oasis in the middle of the desert!

By the way, the beautiful wife got a crackberry last week...she loves it..lol

Bradley
The Egel Nest

Maggie said...

Great shots (again)! I love the poem overlayed in the last one - it looks awesome!

Bonnie said...

I love that last photo !! The way you used the poem written about the Golan Heights over a photo of the Golan Heights !! Hello !? That is BRILLIANT !!

Stacy said...

Wonderful shots and I really like the poem overlayed. Great job! That looks like such a great trip...I love all the photos you have shown us!

Danica Favorite said...

These are wonderful. Makes me want to go back to Israel!

Maude Lynn said...

That last shot is really cool!

Anonymous said...

That poem is brilliantly overlaid on the photo. Very nice photos. thanks for sharing.

Killlashandra said...

I agree your overlay of the poem on the image turned out beautifully. Sounds like a wonderful trip.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an amazing trip! The last shot with the poem is really nice. It perfectly combines the images of that memory.