Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Glow of One

(I actually have three children, I just keep posting pictures of this one...I promise, the others will get some limelight;-)

This week's theme over at Stacy's place is Glow...and I knew I had the perfect opportunity with the birthday party on Sunday.

(Full disclosure: I'm pretty sure my dad took this picture. They all got mixed up on my computer!)

But I also thought about my little girl...she sure is glowing.

When she was first born, she was horribly colicky. For three solid months, she really wouldn't let us put her down (she'd scream, she'd cry, she'd wail...) until she finally took a pacifier, learned to calm down, roll over, smile and then...

She became lovely.

Smiley, happy, friendly, sweet, social...with moments that remind us of her colicky days but they are few and far between. She watches everyone around her with interest, she shows an unusual affinity for technological objects (especially cell phones), she eats steadily and patiently (and almost anything), she handles her brothers with ease even when they push her around, she loves books, she dances and giggles when music is played around her, she greets new people with a smile but truly shouts with glee when her daddy walks in the room...she positively glows.


For both of these pictures, I played with the saturation...a new thing for me. I really like how they look! What do you think? I think they gave each pic a nice gauzy glow. The bottom picture was also very dark, so I lightened it up and then did the saturation. I think it has a cool, artsy look...

What's glowing in your life?

P.S. *today* is my blog-aversary! (although i posted last year on 2/7 and then didn't post again til march... so i think i'll celebrate then....if i remember. ha.)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pics, love the big cheeks. i have problems just with picture clarity; i assume you resize your pictures for the web, or maybe blogger does this automatically?

happy birthday, etc.

off-topic -- just wondering if you watch the show House; i know Reform and Hasidism must be pretty different, but they had two Hasidic Jews on the show last night, and I wondered what a practicing Jew thought of the portrayal.

(it's also interesting to me because the last religious person on the show was a Mormon, and there were good and bad things about how he was portrayed).

I thought it was super-interesting. I do like how the show deals with questions of faith and God, though obviously House's dismissal of belief is very different from my own system.

ok--sorry for the long comment. nice to 'meet' you today.

The Egel Nest said...

Gosh those pictures are cute!

I also heard about the House "Jew" episode...interested to her your take as well.


Bradley
The Egel Nest

Maya said...

I had the same take on glow with the first birthday. Except I don't have the candle shot yet! So cute!

Head Gaggler said...

Aww, she is beautiful. Love the glowy look in the last one. Happy Birthday to her!

Stacy said...

Beautiful shot. Happy birthday little one! LOL about having more than one kid, too. The littlest ones are always the easiest to photograph, though, aren't they? :)

Megan said...

her eyes get me every time -- big & glowing!

Anonymous said...

Precious photos, just precious.

~~

Phyllis Sommer said...

ooh, i have to watch the house and i'll get back to y'all...

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

Aww that's a wonderful shot! AWWW - HAPPY BIRTHDAY beautiful girl!

Anonymous said...

Yael is glowing in my life right now, thanks to you.

Killlashandra said...

The glow of the single candle is nice. I like the pics of her up against the window. I think your saturation turned out good.

Anonymous said...

I love the glow of that candle. What a perfect shot for the occasion!

Maggie said...

How PERFECT for glow -- I love the first shot...it's gorgeous!

Bonnie said...

Love the candle shot ! But the other ones are nice too !! Happy Birthday to your little one !

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

WOW, beautiful shots and little girl!! Happy first! BTW, isn't that bib great? We have one and love it.

Christina said...

What a beautiful tribite to your beautiful girl! Happy Birthday, sweetie!

Marci said...

What a beautiful, special, little one you've got there! I love how you focus on the glowing idea - I really believe that it is crucial to appreciate the beauty and energy that is always around us - particularly from happy kids! The synagogue feels so different when the nursery school is in session; it is as if the whole building has come to life.

In my life, I feel like I am glowing right now with the light of healing. It is such a miraculous process!

chaoticfamily said...

Aww she is so sweet - love the glowy pics.

I know how ya feel just showcasing the one child - lol - my boy is not co-operative lately.

Harry said...

אזה תמונות יפות

Big hug from your uncle little one!

Phyllis I can't wait to see you! I'm counting down the days with glee!


P.S. Would it kill you to put a link to my blog on yours?