Monday, February 4, 2008

A Party...

Really, who cares for the one-year-old birthday party? My one-year-old doesn't like the sound of the vacuum cleaner, she's not going to enjoy 50 people making noise in her house.

So we had just a few...

And really, for me, it's just about getting the pictures of the kid eating cake.

(BTW, she wasn't so obliging. Maybe there wasn't the lush waves of frosting on a "bought" cake, but she was pretty darn dainty about eating her cupcake. I might have to buy a cake just to try again for the pics to match her brothers'! She still enjoyed it and needed a bath post-cake-eating!)

First, I made the cupcakes -- tie-dye...

And since it was Super-Bowl Sunday, some red, white, and blue ones for the Patriots (note, my dad took this one, isn't it cool?) This almost looks like a great food blog:-)

And my Best Shot...I love how she has her mouth open way before the food is anywhere near her mouth. She is ready!! (Smart cookie.)


The party was lovely, quiet, and simple. My 6-year-old was a little upset with me that I didn't even buy "special napkins." It seemed nice to me!

(More about my baby turning 1 to follow since she's not actually 1 for about 2 weeks. We are celebrating early because I'm heading off to Israel over her birthday.)

See more tasty shots here.

28 comments:

Robin said...

Happy birthday beautiful!

Love the cupcakes too.

Anonymous said...

She is just simply adorable!! There will be plenty of time for special napkins. Just eat up her oneness.

Julie said...

J still does the same thing--he opens up just in case his hand starts moving at warp speed, which we all know it isn't. Cute, still!

Aside from that, she's adorable. Love those cupcakes!

Anonymous said...

I agree with your comment!! Happy Birthday Sweet One!
Now that the weather has tapered off, I think I can get out to the post office to ship your prize!

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Baby!! Those cupcakes are amazing.

Anonymous said...

Great shots of way coolie cupcakes n a cutie birthday babe to boot!

~~

Cat said...

Too cute!

Happy birthday to her!

Love the cupcakes!

Kyla said...

Those cupcakes are amazing! Happy one year!

Harry said...

Happy Birthday Yael! Your Uncle wishes he could have been there to see you eat cake! I Love you and Miss you little girl!

By the way Phyllis, when do you find the time to make cupcakes that look that good with all the stuff you do?

YOU ARE CLEARLY SUPERWOMAN!

Stacy said...

That picture of her is too sweet! What a little cutie. What neat frosting on the cupcakes...very cool! Happy almost birthday! :)

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

love the tie-dyed cupcakes. very creative!

and what a sweet choice for your BSM! :) she's adorable!

Maya said...

We're keeping our son's first this week low key too. I love those cupcakes! Luckily my mom took over that task!

Happy Birthday to your one year old!

mandaroo63 said...

I love the tie-die cupcakes, those are sooo cool! Happy 1st bday to your little girl!

Tonya said...

adorable shot... too cute :)

Megan said...

those are some kickin' cupcakes! love the open mouth, too.

Maggie said...

She is too cute! And those look like some yummy cupcakes!

Cindy said...

What a sweet shot!!! I hope she has a lovely 1st birthday!!!

Those tie-dye cupcakes are amazing!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday - I love the cupcakes!
And the last shot of cupcake anticipation is great! :-)

The Egel Nest said...

Happy 1st Birthday!

Love the cupcake design :0


Bradley
The Egel Nest

Rose said...

Happy Birthday!!
LOVE those cupcakes!
Enjoy and be safe in Israel

Anna said...

Sweet, sweet baby! Happy almost one!
And nice work on the cupcakes, nice shots!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY (early) BIRTHDAY YAEL!!! So so that I couldn't be there! But it sounds like it was a good day!
~Love Auntie Liz

Anonymous said...

Um -- you give the rest of us working moms a complex!!

Awesome cupcakes :)

bella said...

happy birthday.
love those first year eating the cake pictures. :)
and very cool tie-dye.
thinking of you.

Chrissy said...

Adorable..Like a little bird! Love the tie-die cupcakes!

tracey clark said...

you are quite the cupcake artist! wow!

Mandy said...

LOOK at those cupcakes!! They are beautiful!! Great job, Mama!

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

wow, really cool cupcakes, thanx for putting up the link on how to do it. Maybe I'll make them for my b-day coming up.