Saturday, February 23, 2008

May her memory be for a blessing...

I'm so sad to report that during the day today I learned that Helena from Thrice-Blessed Momma, a strong and amazing soul, has died, less than two years after her husband Andrew passed away. Her 5-year old triplets have now lost both their parents in the space of 2 years.

I have been wondering where she was lately, with no posts to speak of, but this wasn't the kind of thing I ever thought would happen. I can't stop thinking about her and her sweet triplets, the center of her life, who are now without their father as well as their mother.

It's hard to believe that we never met, because I counted her as a friend. This blogging-world is so strange and different and yet wonderful all at the same time, because it opens up the world and brings us new and amazing people...like Helena.

If I could, I would be at the funeral. I will be thinking of her and her family on that day and probably for many days to come. I can't bring myself to remove her from my feed-reader...

May her memory be for a blessing...in the lives of all who knew her, and especially in the lives of her children.

5 comments:

Robin said...

She's still in my reader too :(.

I'm just so shocked by it all. I was concerned when she disappeared, more so when she didn't respond to e-mails either, but this I never saw coming. So much tragedy in one family. Her poor, poor children...

Rebecca Einstein Schorr said...

OMG -- how just plain sad for her poor children...

Stacy said...

Oh my goodness, that is so terribly sad. Those poor children. :(

Anonymous said...

our list just found out, we're numb - we're praying for the family and the three precious ones.
- jackie

Anonymous said...

I had to cry reading her "want to do before I die" list.

Blessings on the children.