Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Activities for #TuBiShvat
Here are some suggestions...
- Take a walk outside. Even if it's raining or snowing or cold or....whatever. Enjoy the fresh air and look at a few trees.
- Eat a tree fruit or nut. There's a tradition to hold a Tu BiShvat Seder but it's not necessary to make a big production of it! Just enjoy the products of a tree.
- Get a little silly. One year I made green pancakes. One year I made a tree-shaped challah. What can you do to honor trees? Is this the year that we color the milk green???
- Plant something. Parsley seeds, flower seeds, anything! It doesn't take much to plant something small. Supposedly if you start parsley now, you'll have enough for your Pesach seder. Give it a try!
- Read a book about trees. Try Grandpa and Me on Tu B'Shevat or A Tree is Nice.
- Do something for the earth. Turn off a light, pack your lunch, recycle a magazine. What new thing can you do to add to your efforts to be "green"?
What else does your family do to celebrate Tu BiShvat?