Monday, February 20, 2012

Fancy Rainbow Cake

Although we had parfaits at the Fancy Nancy party (post coming soon)...I wanted to try one of these cakes that I have seen on Pinterest (yes, Pinterest strikes again. I wonder how many blog posts across the wide internets have started with that sentence!)

I thought it would be super fancy!

And it was.

The cake wasn't complicated but it still felt like a challenge.

Two cake mixes, six layers, two batches of frosting...and a whole lotta food coloring. I like gel colors to get the Rainbow Brite effect...

It looked so cool just like this....
 But we frosted it and it looked good too....I had some helpers with the decoration....
 She was so excited for the big reveal...I loved having a big secret....
 Wow!

I know I say this almost every time I make a cake, but I think this one might be the coolest I've ever done. It was completely worth all the work - a smashing success! (which is a fancy way of saying: go me!)

1 comment:

Sara said...

That is some rainbow cake. I'll have to find the gel food coloring for my cakes this year! I'm glad she enjoyed it so much.