Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

I'm thankful for feetie pajamas and babies who sleep past 5am.
I'm thankful for colored pencils and blank sheets of paper.
I'm thankful for unlimited reading time and overwhelming choices of books.
I'm thankful for music that plays in my head.
I'm thankful for the ability to ignore the sales and know that I have enough.
I'm thankful for a laden table and for children who have never known hunger.
I'm thankful for the tradition that guides our lives.
I'm thankful for the words to say what needs to be said.
I'm thankful for comfort in silence.
I'm thankful for the interestingness of life.
I'm thankful for warm sticky kisses and curly little heads.
I'm thankful for wiggly toes and loose teeth.
I'm thankful today and every day for the many blessings that fill my life.

Blessed are You, our God, who has created us, formed us, and brought us to this day of gratitude.

2 comments:

Rebecca Einstein Schorr said...

I love this.

And how I wish I could give thanks for children who sleep past unGodly hours. But to do that, Beernut would have to sleep past unGodly hours.

xoxo

John Sklar said...

It is a nice time to notice the good things. I am grateful for being able to put on my own socks and walk. Just a few weeks ago I needed help with everything.
I am so thankful for the hours I spent watching my grandchildren and children enjoy themselves... I am bless each and every day...