Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday Matters: Donors Choose

Monday Matters is a new series at Ima on and off the Bima. I'm featuring some favorite charitable organizations on Mondays.

I think Donors Choose is a really cool way to spend your tzedakah money.
The teachers post the projects that they hope to get funded, and the donors decide where and how to spend their money.
Here, for example, is a project in my own backyard, in my own county.
Here's another one.

Don't take my word for it...here are some famous people talking about DonorsChoose.


One lucky commenter on today's post will get a code for $25 to spend on DonorsChoose...any way you want!

Leave me a comment telling me about a teacher or classroom experience that inspired you...
I'll choose the winner on Thursday, in honor of Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

shk42 said...

Nice way to share good causes with people and to celebrate a holiday. I especially like local and small projects that have such direct impact. Happy Thanksgiving!
(p.s. It is actually me this time.)