Friday, November 11, 2011

Three Wishes for 11/11/11

I'm participating in NaBloPoMo, which has now moved over to BlogHer. Today's writing prompt was "It's 11/11/11...make three wishes." So I did.

I wish that I could slow time down just a teensy bit. I don't want to stop time, I don't want to slow it down a lot, just a teensy bit so I can fully appreciate each moment, each funny thing my kids say, each hug and each smile. Just a teensy bit.

I wish each season had just one more minute. I look at the leaves, so beautiful in their fall colors, and the next second they are gone. I wish I had one more minute to look at them, I wish I remembered to look one more time. I wish I could drink in the full moon for just one more minute...but the next glance and it is gone.


I wish I had a recorder in my head to hold onto all the fleeting thoughts that seem so profound and wonderful at the time but don't translate into words on the screen. I wish that someone would figure out how to insert a USB stick in my ear and download every tiny memory so that I could hold onto them forever, and that I could just think a beautiful thought and translate it to words.

Hmm...I don't think I'll hold my breath for any of these wishes to come true, but I will revel in each moment and try desperately to hold on to each memory and smile and tear and giggle...

No comments: