Monday, August 11, 2008

Who needs a car wash? We've got Legos!

We need some new kitchen chairs.

I know, I know...not the most exciting intro to a blog post.

But let me continue...I thought, wouldn't it be nice to get these chairs that we need in some kind of secondary market? A rummage sale, perhaps, or a resale shop? This would help me to feel far less consumerish...

So, I suggest it to my husband, who, to my surprise, readily agrees to drive with me to a few rummage sales this weekend.

We did not find any chairs.

At the first stop, however, we found the most awesome collection of Legos, which we snapped up immediately. (Also another winter sled, great for the "me toos")

Then we came home and I insisted on some Lego-washing. Great activity for a nice warm summer day....




Would you insist on washing used Legos? My husband didn't want me to post this because he thought it would make us look ridiculously over-clean. It didn't seem so weird to me.

So, at the end of the day, we're still using folding chairs in the kitchen but we have some awesome new Legos to play with. I think we came out ahead!

More best shots here.

--00---

Go see: Snoopy has posted the latest edition of Haveil Havalim: Haveil Havalim #177 - Tisha B'Av Edition.

15 comments:

Vered said...

I would wash the legos too! I don't think it's ridiculous at all.

Juggling Frogs said...

So now you can make one of these:
http://judaicajournal.blogspot.com/2008/08/childs-play.html

(I'd wash them too.)

Juggling Frogs said...

Oops, meant to make that clickable, sorry:

Child's Play

Juggling Frogs said...

Or, maybe one of these.

Sara said...

I always wash everything I get at garage sales, sometimes in the sink and dishwasher. Legos are great finds, though! Happy building.

Anonymous said...

I would have washed them, too. And what a fastastic find. Can never have too many legos. Unless it's the bucket that been turned over at your feet in the middle of the living room and no one wants to pick them up.

Anonymous said...

For a set of chairs, try estate sales. I had a dining room table from my mother-in-law for which I had no chairs as they had all been broken years ago. I found an inexpensive set of chairs at an estate sale in which someone's table had broken but they still had the chairs. (You've actually sat in those chairs.) I've done a lot of garage sales in my time but never seen a set of chairs.

Jaimee said...

Oh yeah, I'd wash the Legos too! You never know what might be there! Great find! My sister is a huge estate sale junkie...she has furnished half of her house that way!

iMother2.0 said...

they look so content washing away. A great father son moment. the thing with Legos is that you never know where they've been. I'm seriously NOT an over clean person...probably not even barely, but we would have had a Lego was as well :)
Great shots!

Anonymous said...

Legos are soo much fun! What a great find!

Killlashandra said...

Purchased at a second hand shop, I'd have washed them too. I wash anything that comes from a resale shop no matter what it is. I don't blame you your cleanliness streak at all. :)

Jen said...

Yeah, you have to wash the legos. See everyone else thinks so too. So you are not weird at all. And there is nothing wrong with being a little overly clean.

Anonymous said...

Disappointing...I thought you were going to share how you managed to construct chairs OUT of the Legos.

And yes, washing is a must!

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

great find and fun captures. :)

therapydoc said...

Heck, they'd go in the dishwasher at my house.