Monday, November 10, 2008

Birthday Marathon...

Saturday was Sam's 3rd birthday.

From this:
to this...

It seems like no time has passed....and then again, I can't even remember life before him.

He is suddenly funny and opinionated, lovable and frustrating. Alternately cuddly and crabby, he is the epitome of toddler-dom.

I planned for him a Polka-dot Party, mostly because I couldn't bear the idea of a "Go, Diego, Go" party, which is his favorite thing. This week, however, he began to insist that he wanted a Lion Cake and a Lion Party. Really!? So....I researched (love the Internet) and found a plan...it came out like this:

 
(I never thought anything could top last year's creations but I think these are darn cute.)

He was ecstatic....and ate 2 of them. Sam's favorite part was the whiskers. In fact, he asked for more whiskers, which, of course, I obliged.
My big grown-up 3-year-old!
Happy Birthday, Sammy!
What were you up to this weekend? Go see other folks' beautiful pictures....
P.S. Anyone else loving Blogger-in-draft!? I think it just rocks.

7 comments:

Sara said...

You are way more talented and tolerant than me when it comes to baking and decorating. Sam had a great idea for a party theme, though, and I'm glad you could oblige! I'll use you the next time I need to plan a fun party, too. :)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Happy belated birthday, guys!

The cupcakes are adorable, Phyllis. Awesome job!

Jack Steiner said...

Happy Birthday Sammy.

Anonymous said...

Shabbat Shalom, and Happy Birthday to the little 'un.
I've got a parenting question:
My Wife and I are expecting our first child, and while I'm VERY excited, I'm

also VERY scared (I don't know the first thing about kids)!

I've been scouting reound the 'net to see what tips and tricks I can find.

I was hoping all readers of this site could help me out by giving their best

tips to me? I thought what I'd do is compile it into a collection of the

best tips for new dads.

Please go here to give me your best tips for new dads: http://www.melandtony.com/newdad/
it will take no more than 20 seconds but will help me immensely!

I was thinking maybe as a Rabbi you might have some tips about parenting and religion? Any other tips would also be greatly appreciated.

Bunny said...

The cupcakes look great! How cute! Looks like a great party!

emily said...

What a lucky little boy - those cupcakes are adorable!

Kimberly said...

Well aren't those cute?! Happy late birthday to your little one!