Saturday, November 8, 2008

What I do....the Life of a Rabbi

So I've decided to start a new feature here at Ima on (and off) the Bima.

Okay, I just decided it.

So I don't know how often or when I'll be doing it.

But here goes.

Each Friday, I teach a one-hour Shabbat class to 3- and 4-year-olds. It's called "Hello, Shabbat!" and I teach with a wonderful co-teacher who also teaches in our Religious School (and happens to be a good friend).

11 little kids.
Cute, runny nosed, potty-going, talkative little kids.

3 sets of twins!
(and they all regularly remind me that they are twins. And each time, I act surprised.)

And I love it. I'm not sure I would want to be a preschool teacher all the time, but it is so much fun to have this once-a-week gig.

I can't post pictures of these cuties, of course, but we made such a cute project yesterday that I have to share...

Aren't these the most lovely little mezuzot

So that's part of what I do.
I love my job!


Want to play along? What do you do all day? or all week?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely mezuzot.

Anonymous said...

Good idea:
1. A lot of laundry.
2. Daily dog walks.
3. Cook family meals.
4. Read about interesting people.
5. Say hello and smile.
6. Pull weeds.
7. Greet the sun; admire the moon.
8. Try to smile and say hello to all I encounter.
9. Serve.
10. Write a line or two about the spiritual truth in all of the above.