Monday, November 17, 2008

Race Around....it's another birthday!

My oldest child turned 7 this weekend.
I've been a mom for seven years!? I find this incredibly hard to believe.
He started out as such a little peanut, didn't he? (this was a FILM picture -- back then I sent all my film to Snapfish to develop so they have digital images of all of them. whew! who knew I'd need them for future blogging?!)

And now he's seven.
He can read.
He can write.
He can play chess and do karate and play piano.
He rocks a mean Guitar Hero.
It boggles my mind when he carries on a real conversation or says, "actually, Mom...."

We had a driving party. It's a long and complicated story, but basically we bought a few remote control cars and ran our own RC car party, using the synagogue's social hall for a big open space. We thought the kids would race but they had more fun just driving the cars around, so that's what we did!
It was really hard to photograph! Hard to get the kids and the cars in the same pictures, hard to keep them in focus. But they were having so much fun it didn't matter. (Also hard to get shots of just my kiddo so I could post them here on my blog, of course.)

 
 

Then we had chocolate cupcakes. Not as cute as last week's, but very tasty. I am really in love with Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, and I love their frosting recipes. This one was the Chocolate Buttercream (but vegan...I'm not one, but I play one in the kitchen sometimes).

 
  
  
(As you can see, very well enjoyed!)

That last one is definitely my best shot, although I'm pretty sure my dad took it and not me. Oh well.

Go see what other people photographed this week. Happy birthday, David!

Check out this week's Haveil Havalim! (Hey, I'm hosting next week, so stick around!)

13 comments:

chaoticfamily said...

Happy birthday to your boy!! What a cutie..

I am vegan and have yet to have the pleasure of obtaining my copy of that cookbook - but all in good time.

Robin said...

Happy birthday to your not so little guy! What a fun idea for a party, too.

emily said...

Happy Birthday, David! I feel like mine will never be that old, but I'm sure it will be here in a blink.

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday big guy!! :)

Anonymous said...

That is one of the coolest party ideas! Happy birthday, big 7!

Jen said...

It looks like you guys had agreat time. Man, now I have to check that book out.

rutimizrachi said...

Mazal tov, Mommy. He's gorgeous! May he bless you and the world by becoming his full self.

Joanna said...

That looks like such fun for a 7 year old boy. Congratulations Mama!

Anonymous said...

I also cannot believe that David is 7. It seems like just yesterday that he was born. I forget too that he can hold real conversations over the phone now. Such a blessing to those of us who are far away!!!

Kelly Hudgins said...

My girl turns nine in January, and is already an inch taller than my shoulder. Life goes on, and it's grand.

Christina said...

Wow, isn't that amazing. My girl turns three next week, and I'm wondering how that happend...I can't even imagine 7! Happy birthday, big guy!

Marci said...

These pictures are so precious - what a great party!
(and those cupcakes look scrumptious!!) I am so happy for you all, and wish him a Yom Huledet Sameach :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to him (and to you! your kids' birthdays are the other Mother's Days, right?)!
I love the pictures, and I am most impressed by your Snapfish foresight. Oh, how I wish I had been that smart.