Friday, November 23, 2012

#36reasons - It's Ok to Divide



It's hard for me to get out of my own visions sometimes. I have four kids and I always imagine them together.

It's really not always realistic. With the oldest at 11 and the youngest at almost 2, it's hard to find things in which all of them can participate.

Today was one such day. The big kids begged me to take them to one of those huge trampoline places. Solly just isn't old enough, you have to be three years old.

So instead of staying home...I called a babysitter for him.

Was it right? I don't know.
Did the big kids have a great time? Yes!!!
Did he mostly nap while the sitter was here anyway? Yes!!

When I was thinking about these 36 posts about doing "new" things, I wasn't totally sure what I would do each day. When I swallowed hard and called the sitter, I knew that even that little bit of letting go "qualified" as a personal victory worthy of blessing.

Blessed are You, O God, who has created me with the ability to grow and change and has brought me to this day.



2 comments:

rbarenblat said...

I applaud you for being able to do this, and I'm so glad you got some good fun time with the older ones. Shabbat shalom!

Rickismom said...

Yes, as kids grow, the gap between older and younger ones often calls for separate activities.... but they DO grow out of it, in their twenties and thirties, and get together all over again!