Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Place of Her Own

I've mentioned before how wonderfully unique my daughter is.

She is incredibly busy. There's always a story running in her mind, in her world. She's always pretending, she's always doing something. Recently, she has started spending time in the closet in her room. Yep, the closet. She refers to it as her "office."

The other day, I needed to find something in the closet, and I realized that it was a bit of a mess. Since it wasn't actually intended as an office (obviously), she was squished in amongst bags of old clothes and a few other unused things. I realized that she was in need of a Room Makeover!

Since I didn't see any cameramen from TLC around anywhere, I knew I had to do it myself.

I deliberately didn't take a "before" picture. I couldn't bring myself to do it - it was too embarrassing to show how messy the closet was! But here's the "after" shots....



All the wall hangings were already hiding in the closet, but on a shelf. How perfect?!

With four kids in shared bedrooms in a small house, I know how important it is for each of my children to have their own place. Now that I've set up hers, I'm on the lookout for a few other nooks and crannies for the rest of them...

How do you make special spaces for each of your children?

3 comments:

JanetheWriter said...

Love the office. And she's truly a woman after my own heart. When my sister and I were Yael's age, we used to play "League of Women Voters," complete with clipboards and the carbon copies of my mom's Visa receipts. (It was so long ago that they still used carbons and it wasn't really even Visa, it was BankAmeriCard!)

Batya said...

As your only girl, pretty soon Yael will need more than a closet to call her own.

jrotem said...

So cute! But what happened to all the closet stuff?