8 random things about me. So here goes:
1. I didn't go to kindergarten.
2. I am so excited that The Biggest Loser is coming back on television very soon.
3. I haven't slept through the night in 6 months and 2 weeks.
4. I enjoy updating my facebook from my blackberry. Geeky, I know.
5. I hate wrinkly laundry and sometimes I'll rewash it if it doesn't get folded in time.
6. I am somewhat obsessed with the weather and knowing exactly what temperature it's going to be during the day.
7. I am on my second go-round with Weight Watchers and so far I've lost about 20 lbs. Only 20 to go!
8. I have a hard time coming up with interesting facts about me.
Since I can't just leave it at 8 things about me (so self-centered?), I thought I'd also share
8 things that I love about the month of Elul:
1. I love the anticipation!
2. My favorite service of the whole year is Selichot, the Saturday evening before Rosh HaShanah when we say penitential prayers late at night. It's beautiful and meditative and I just love it.
3. I think it's so cool that the initials of the phrase "ani l'dodi v'dodi li" (I am my beloved and my beloved is mine) are the letters that spell the word Elul. I think if I could go back and do my wedding all over again, I'd get married during Elul. Or Sukkot. But that's another post.
4. What am I going to make for a Shana Tova gift for our friends and family? (Do I send gifts to David's new teacher, who I don't think is Jewish?) I love the planning.
5. I enjoy anticipating seeing the people who really do only show up at the synagogue once a year. Sometimes it's young couples that I've married, or older people who don't come around much...I look forward to seeing their faces in the seats!
6. The Haftarot are great during this month.
7. Everyone understands when I explain what I do and that I'm very busy this time of year. It's been described to me once as my "tax season." Which I think is great -- taxing our souls!
8. I like knowing that all over the world, Jews are counting down the days....
And that's me!