Monday, August 6, 2007

Best Shot Monday...

So in an effort to make good on my 30 day blogging challenge, I have become minorly obsessed with my blog. I am so nervous about coming up with something to write every day (which isn't really a problem, I have plenty to say), I came up with a weekly schedule of things to write about. Some of them come from other people's blogs, like Best Shot Monday at Picture This and so I thought I'd give it a try today. I'm trying to "get myself out there" in the blogosphere so here goes.





My best shot this week is this one of Sam and Yael being cute together. I must say I was trying for a different effect and will continue to work on it, but she prefers to roll over. Actually, today is a funny day to do "best shot" because yesterday I took the kids to Sadie's for a photo shoot and it was a total disaster. It was post-nap, I thought we could do it, but it just didn't work. Sam would not cooperate, Yael was not happy, and it just all blew up. And my dh says I just have to admit that I was wrong, but I tell you that I was totally disappointed with the photographer. She didn't just take pictures, she waited for the "right picture" which drove me nuts. She missed tons of cute shots of my kids waiting for them all to look at her. I haven't decided which ones to buy; frankly, sometimes I think that I take better pictures of them at home. I think after our Sadie's membership expires (September, I think), we will try another photography studio. I can't really justify shelling out the money for a real professional to take the pictures, but someday I will....



Anyway, here is the picture for Best Shot Monday. Enjoy!


11 comments:

Christina said...

Firt - Welcome to BSM!!!

Second - what an adorable picture! They are precious. My daughter's only had studio portraits taken a couple times, and both times I left feeling frustrated just like you. I can take better picutres than those "pros!" LOL.

Brittany said...

Welcome to BSM :)

What a GREAT picture. That is so cute! You did a fantastic job capturing a special moment!

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

that is such a sweet capture. :)

glad to have you join BSM!

Mommy's Cherish said...

Great picture you took. I bet you can do your own "photoshoot" with your kids and you will LOVE the pics..take the challenge!

Kimberly said...

I've become addicted to Best Shot Monday. Maybe you will too! Great shot!

kim said...

Welcome! Love the photo! It's precious. Cute kids and I love your header.

Arizaphale said...

Oh Kim...you beat me to it! I love the header too! And lovely shot of the kids! Welcome.

Anna said...

Yes, welcome, and what a great header! As you can see, I have a thing for feet, too.

http://hankandwillie.wordpress.com

Maya said...

Welcome to BSM! I've gotten sucked into it!!! And what a bummer she didn't get those cute photos...sometimes the best ones are of them NOT looking at the camera!

mandaroo63 said...

I used to take them to studio portraits and am finding I much prefer the natural photos I take of them at home and of them just doing things that they enjoy doing. So I say YES! do it yourself. This one you posted is really good.

Cari said...

Welcome to BSM!

Such a sweet capture.