Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thursday Thirteen...13 Before the Chagim Come

Here are thirteen things I have to do before Rosh haShanah

1. Find a babysitter for Erev Rosh HaShanah, Rosh HaShanah, Erev Yom Kippur and Yom Kippur (all day). Does this count as one thing or 4?
2. Make sure all my children have clothes to wear to the Family Services on Rosh HaShanah.
3. Work on Sermon...oh wait, start sermons.
4. Pick stories for Family Services, Alternative Services, and the other Family Services.
5. Mark up the Family Service prayerbooks for my new songleader.
6. Decide if I'm going to bake apple cakes for the whole world again. People do love them. I do love making them. How many should I make? It definitely falls into the "I don't know how she does it" category. But do I care about that category?
7. Make sure I have clothes to wear for each service.
8. Schedule a manicure.
9. Take some time to self-prepare for the holidays. My own teshuvah always seems to get neglected. I start with such good intentions.
10. Decide what we're going to do about decorating our sukkah.
11. Plan, if we want to, a Sukkah Open House. I think we'll do it on the day of the Sukkah Trolley Ride, since we are a stop...and we won't have to ride the trolley except to our house and then we can be done! I think this is a great plan. Guess I should check with my hubby...
12. Convince the baby to sleep through the night.
13. Get over whatever bug is making me sick right now. Sore throat, headache....feels like strep but the rapid test was negative. I know this too shall pass. But look at this list!!!!!

I do love the High Holy Days. But the lists always seem to creep up on me! I thought Thursday Thirteen was a great idea for today's post. See more Thursday Thirteen here...

8 comments:

Judy Callarman, Scrabble Has-Been said...

This is a fascinating list--I don't think I've ever known a lady rabbi before. What is a teshuvah?

Lori said...

It sounds like you're going to be a busy girl:) Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your list!

Mine is up at: 13 Bloomers

Robin said...

I was going to ask why you needed a sitter for the holidays when I realized you were the rabbi! Yup, in that case I'd say you do LOL.

Shana Tova U'Mvurach to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Hope you get over that bug soon. Like today.


Mike
http://www.mikeleonen.com/

http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Cinnamon Girl said...

Good luck on 12!

bella said...

Great list.
And write more about being a rabi. I'm curious and would love to hear more. That and how you convince the little one to sleep. :)

Anonymous said...

I promise you when the holidays come you'll be ready, no matter what's on the list! Lists do have a way of settling the mind, and amazingly, things written on a list jump off the page and get done. Must be because they leave the mental realm and take form. I'm a lister too.