For many years, I've kept track of the books I read.
The real reason that I do it is because often people say, "what should I read?" and then my mind goes blank and I can't think of a single title.
So I keep a list.
Here's this year's list, somewhat out of order, since I started keeping the list on Goodreads but I can't figure out how to get it in order! Anyway, follow me over there for regular updates!
This year, I put stars by the ones that I would especially recommend.
- The Silence of Bonaventure Arrow by Rita Leganski*
- The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
- Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen* (she's one of my favorites)
- Solving for Ex by LeighAnn Kopans*
- The Wanting by Michael Lavigne
- The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Wonder by R. J. Palacio*
- Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein
- Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick
- One Girl's Story by John L. Smith
- The Maid's Version by Daniel Woodrell
- The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer
- Teeth by Hannah Moskowitz
- Still Writing by Dani Shapiro
- Love, Loss and What I wore by Ilene Beckerman
- The Winter Horses by Philip Kerr
- The Path of Names by Ari Goelman
- The Department of Lost and Found by Allison Winn Scotch
- A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki
- We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler
- The Here and Now by Ann Brashares
- Reality Boy by A.S. King
- Fugitive Colors by Lisa Barr
- Still Life with Breadcrumbs by Anna Quindlen
- The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith*
- Goodnight June by Sarah Jio*
- The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin*
- The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch
- The One by Kiera Cass
- Life's That Way by Jim Beaver
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart*
- I am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes*
- Orphan Train by Christina Kline Baker
- Earth Awakens by Orson Scott Card
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr*
- The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty
- The Given Sacrifice by S. M. Stirling
- Chestnut Street by Maeve Binchy
- The Heist by Daniel Silva (my favorite author!)*
- The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness
- Saving Mozart by Yerushalmy
- The Family by David Laskin
- Tease by Amanda Maciel
- Margot by Jillian Cantor
- Tribes by Seth Godin
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- First World Problems by LeighAnn Kopans
- The Baker's Daughter by Sarah McCoy
- Rare Bird by Anna Whiston-Donaldson
- Popular by Maya Van Wagonen
- To Rise Again at a Decent Hour by Joshua Ferris
- Sisters by Raina Telgemeier (because Yael made me)
- Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
- Men Explain Things to Me by Rebecca Solnit
- The Paper Magician by Charlie Holmberg
- The Dept of Speculation by Jenny Offill
- The Ice Cream Queen of Orchard Street by Jane Gillman
- Henna House by Nomi Eve*
- My Promised Land by Ari Shavit*60. The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd*
61. Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel*
I've already started a list of books to read for 2015. As I said to my dad, "it's too long!" Oh well....there's always another book to read!
Previous years' lists are here.
Awesome list!!!! Sarah Addison Allen is one of my favorites too.
I started doing some reviews with Litfuse.... and the books they share are always amazing. I think you can see their list of books here http://litfusegroup.com/ without actually joining the group. Some I loved... The Brickmaker's Bride (Judith Miller), A Lady at Willowgrove Hall (Sarah E. Ladd), and Love Without End (Robin Lee Hatcher).
(The other groups I do reviews with are good too... but tend to be nothing but fluff and mostly racy. I enjoy them... they're fun... but don't fit your list.)
Post a Comment