Thursday, April 26, 2007

Sam needs to be like big brother



I am a first-born child, and my brother is 8 years younger than I am. That said, I am not familiar with the overwhelming desire that my middle child feels to be like his big brother. But I am loving it, at this moment. I'm sure that I will find reasons to hate it, like when big brother does something I don't like and little brother follows suit. But for now, I am loving it.

A few of Sam's favorite "big brother" things to do:

  • wear his crocs, just like David's! (omg, the cutest little things in the world are his crocs)
  • sit in the floor-rocker-chair with a video game controller in his hand. But no video game on, he's cool with Baby Dolittle, his current favorite video.
  • snag the nintendo ds whenever it's in his reach and sit on the floor, back against the couch, looking intently at it, trying to figure out why and how to make it work.
  • making great big funny noises at the baby just like David does at him
  • making great big funny noises back at David whenever possible.
  • entering David's room just to be there!
  • standing on the stool to brush teeth or do some other bathroom sink activity

Too cute for words. I hope he continues to love his big brother and that his big brother continues to share wonderful behaviors with him!

No comments: