Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Putting up the Sukkah

Putting up the sukkah is always a fun family activity! First we have to go to the garden store to buy the schach (in our case, we use corn stalks) and we always check out the pumpkins as well. Look at the size of those pumpkins! (And aren't they cute too? Oh wait, I meant the kids.)




Then the sukkah comes out...









I really love Sukkot.
If you'll look back at previous years, you might notice that we're wearing shorts as we put up the sukkah. But not this year...

Stay tuned for pics of the "finished product" and more on this great holiday.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Wow, thanks for this post. I love learning new things and I had no idea you could use corn stalks for schach. I live in Southern California so everyone I know uses palm fronds.

Jew Wishes said...

What wonderful photos! I look forward to more of the finished product.

The pumpkins are adorable...oh, the children, such cuties. :))

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. It seems already quite cold in Chicago!