Monday, August 27, 2012

#BlogElul 9: Blessings


I could write about so many things today.

But the blessing of this blog is actually what I'm going to focus on. Not that other blog. But this one.

I was scrolling back through old posts to look for something. And I realize what a blessing blogging has become for me. It has helped me to frame our stories, to put our lives in perspective, to record our milestones in meaningful ways, to gain community, to stretch myself and to grow...it has opened doors out of the blogging world and it has opened my mind and heart within it. I can truly watch the progression of my family's growth over so many years....it has given me an outlet and a chance to look inward. It has helped to define me and helped me to define myself. It is a work of love and pride and honor and learning and teaching and brings a wholeness to my life.

I had never been a "journal keeper" before. I didn't know what to expect when I started this blog.

But what a blessing it has been...and I hope to continue for many posts to come!

Has there been a blessing that has come into your life whose blessing you only discovered later?

The Jewish month of Elul, which precedes the High Holy Days, is traditionally a time of renewal and reflection. It offers a chance for spiritual preparation for the Days of Awe. It is traditional to begin one’s preparation for the High Holy Days during this month with the Selichot, the prayers of forgiveness. We look to begin the year with a clean slate, starting anew, refreshed. All month, along with others, I'll be blogging a thought or two for each day to help with the month of preparation... I will be blogging here, and sharing #Elulgram photos on the same themes at imabima.tumblr.com. Follow me on twitter @imabima for all the #BlogElul posts, not only mine but others' as well! 

Leave your blog Elul post in the linky below!


No comments: