Wednesday, November 28, 2012

{36 reasons} Teaching Each Other



I imagined that I might teach each of my children something new during this project.

But yesterday they taught each other.

Look, it's not all flowers and hearts in my house...my kids bicker and complain and annoy each other.

But when they get along?
It is so so so sweet.

Sam sat down next to Yael at the piano and offered to teach her to play his lesson - "Old McDonald Had a Song." You'll be surprised to know that it's based on the original. She agreed.

And he taught her. He pointed for her fingers, he instructed her, and he did so in his best "teacher voice."

It was awesome.

A few minutes later they were nipping at each other like puppies.

But aha....I have a permanent memory of that moment. And of each moment when they act like my dream-vision of loving siblings. When they snuggle together, play together, tell stories together, share together....it's not all hearts and flowers in my house.

But when it is? I am so grateful.

Blessed are You, O God, who has given my children siblings with whom to fight and play, and who has given them the desire to spend time together and love each other, and who has brought me to this day.

No comments: