Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Banana Oatmeal Muffins {Recipe}

also known as...The End of a Blender Era

Today happens to be my wedding anniversary. Thirteen years.

It seems like a long time, and then it feels very short....isn't that how time just goes?

I still have a few of my wedding presents, including my blender.
It was very nice.
I liked it a lot.
Tonight, I killed it.
Poor blender. RIP
While making these muffins.

Banana-Oatmeal Muffins (based on this recipe that I found on Pinterest)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Into your blender, put:
1 cup Greek yogurt
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2-3 ripe bananas
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
(optional: 1 tablespoon PB2 powder, if you happen to have it and like peanut butter as much as I do)

Blend them all together.
Then add 2 1/2 cups of old-fashioned oatmeal about 1/2 a cup at a time.

Pour it all into the muffin pan.
Bake about 15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Remove immediately from the pan and cool.

They are quite yummy.
Almost worth the new blender I'm going to have to get!

Nom nom nom....

No comments: