Sunday, September 1, 2019

#blogElul #elulgram 1: Decide


What should I do?
I'm not sure.
I can't figure it out.
It's so
hard
to know
to understand
to see the big picture.
I'm paralyzed with
all the options.
Good?
Bad?
Red?
Blue?
There are so many
options
and
I
just
can't
decide.

The Jewish month of Elul, which precedes the High Holy Days, is traditionally a time of renewal and reflection. It offers a chance for spiritual preparation for the Days of Awe. It is traditional to begin one’s preparation for the High Holy Days during this month with prayers of forgiveness, but I like to think of it as a whole-person preparation activity. We look to begin the year with a clean slate, starting anew, refreshed. All month, along with others, I'll be blogging a thought or two for each day to help with the month of preparation... I will be blogging here, and sharing #Elulgram photos on the same themes at imabima.tumblr.com and on Instagram @imabima. Follow me on twitter @imabima for all the #BlogElul posts, not only mine but others' as well! Read more about #BlogElul here.

No comments: