Sunday, August 8, 2010

Fruits of our Labors

I really meant to put up pictures of my garden as it has grown...but I didn't.

And things didn't go the way I had hoped. It started out so nicely, lush and beautiful. But I lost about half of my "crops" - my corn and zucchini, my pumpkins - they all turned to mush. So I really thought the garden was just a lost cause this year.

But things seem to be perking up! Look what we harvested this week:
(Yes, those are purple beans - it was a tri-color planting.)
Um, look what happened when I tried to take this picture!

And it all tasted very yummy too!
See more Summer Stock Sundays over at Robin's place.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Fresh-picked vegetables - yum! No wonder someone is already stealing them ;).

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

Jew Wishes said...

Great photos! LOL, on the little hand.

crunchy domestic goddess (amy) said...

yummy! my kids can't leave my tomatoes alone either. i go outside to pick one i saw earlier in the day and its gone. funny how that happens. ;P