Friday, July 31, 2009

Best Laid Plans Go Awry

Tomorrow is August.

Where did the summer go? (Yes, I know that August is still summer but...)

All my best laid plans for a summer full of productivity seem to have gone by the wayside. Where are the neatly typed and ready-to-be-edited High Holy Day sermons? Where are the organized files in my office? Where are the long inspiring blog posts waiting in the queue for the busy season? Where is the toy reorganization project and 2nd grade readiness program?

I think they are sitting by the pool and squished up in the sandbox.

I think they're damp from the spray of the hose and dizzy from too many rides on the swing.

They're tired from all the "uppy" and snuggled on the couch with a bowl of popcorn.

I think they have been left by the side of the road between Wisconsin and Illinois.

I think they might be lost on a long walk with a friend or trampled by the horsey rides at camp.

I think they're buried under a pile of legos and drying on the line with the picnic blanket.

Hmm.

Maybe the summer hasn't been so bad after all.

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I just backtracked to this post and I L-O-V-E it!!!!

Thanks for the perspective. I've been stressing about where my summer's gone as well.

Rivster said...

I'm with A and R's ima!! I LOVE your perspective!!!

And the picture is so beautiful ;)