Sunday, February 19, 2012

Can she really be 5?

My baby girl...
...seems so grown-up.


Five years old.

Opinionated about how things should be.
Likes her ponytail "low" not "on top of my head."
Believes in the power of accessories.
Carries around a large purse. Contents: crayons, coloring book, miscellaneous toys.
Intensely social.
Adores her brothers.
Loves "salad eggs" (spinach omelette) but won't drink a spinach-banana smoothie.
Did a little dance when peas were on the menu last week.
Favorite song: the Alef-Bet Song by Debbie Friedman
Favorite TV show: Dora the Explorer
Favorite game: playing "school" 

I can only imagine how much better this is going to get....

1 comment:

JanetheWriter said...

Reminds me of my sister, who also always carried a purse. When my mother asked her what was in it, she responded with this: "Everything a woman needs to protect herself!"